Sales Operations Manager
Reading, Berkshire, England
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits
Our client is based in a sleepy village on the outskirts of Reading, Berkshire. As a professional field sales agency currently working in the charity sector with a desire to diversify into other sectors looking for a strategic Operations Manager to cover the Sales Operation overseeing over 150 Field Sales Representatives covering over 200 sites nationwide.
A fast-paced, challenging and centric role offering an opportunity to make a real difference, operationally, commercially and knowing that you are supporting some fantastic causes in terms of giving back.
Ideal background would be either a Operations Manager from a Field Sales Marketing agency or potentially a nationwide utilisty or B2C Sales operation or an experienced Events or Venues co-ordinator looking to step up into an Operations Management role
This is a role of critical importance within the company but is unlike any other logistics/operations role.
The Venues department books private sites for our sales force of over 150 so that they can set up stands/gazebos and raise funds for our nationwide charity clients. These private sites might be town centres, shopping malls, train stations, chains, shows and any others where people are receptive to an approach from our fundraisers. The role will be overseeing over 200 sites per week – some of the bookings may last a week, others are just for a one day event/exhibtion. The role will be overseeing regional Venue co-ordinators at head office, a field booking team, and external agencies. Strategically enusring priority and coverage at the premium venues of the right quality in the right places fullying supporting the Regional Sales Managers to ensure the fund-rasiers have the opportunity to fully support and maximise opportunities to secure funds for the end-line charites.
The right candidate will have the ability to:
- Manage a team of centrally-based and remote venue bookers – a motivator, a man manager
- Establish processes and procedures to ensure we book the best venues early
- Have the flexibility and commercial acumen to amend and top up bookings to marry up with demand
- Sensitivity to regional variations; ability to develop local/regional strategies to support the national strategy
- Ability to critically analyse data to understand what works and what doesn’t in order to maximise yield
- Utilise internally-developed CRM system and help guide the development of that system
- Client relationship and account managemtn skills with external agencies
- Deal calmly with day-to-day issues such as venues turning away fundraisers
- Be imaginative in seeking out new potential venue opportunities
- Be capable of gearing the team up for expansion
- Be resilient – dealing with the field sales force
- Ability to multi-task across a range of competing challenges